Tuesday, November 2, 2010

30 Day Giving Challenge: Day 2


Today was day 2 of my 30 Day Giving Challenge. Since I get together every Tuesday night with a small group of girlfriends to have dinner, crochet and chat .... otherwise known as "Stitch n' Bitch"... hee hee... I thought today would be the perfect time to do something thoughtful for them! I wanted to do something that could make their lives easier and show them how much their friendships mean to me.

Since they all work full time jobs, I decided to make them something they could bring for lunch tomorrow! Since we are always out late on Tuesday night's at the hostess' house... I figured lunch might be an after thought on Wednesday mornings. This afternoon, I made a really easy crock pot soup to give to the girls. I filled a container for each one and tied on some rosemary bread sticks with a piece of ribbon. It was so easy and inexpensive to make and so fun to give them to the girls tonight! It made me sad that I don't think to do random kind things like this for the people closest to me more often! I think that everyone gets so wrapped up in their own lives, that we only give gifts when we are "supposed" to... like birthdays or holidays. I'm hoping that this 30 day challenge will change my perspective on giving and make it more of a part of my every day life!


Easy Crock Pot Cream of Tomato & Basil Soup

Ingredients:
3 Cans of peeled tomatoes
1 32 oz. container of chicken broth
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
10 Fresh basil leaves
1 Cup of cream

Directions:
Pour the cans of tomatoes, chicken broth and garlic powder into the crock pot. Cook on High setting for 3 hours or Low setting for 5-6 hours. Add basil leaves to the pot for the last 15 minutes of cooking time.

Use an immersion blender to blend soup thoroughly. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can pour soup in batches into a food processor or blender. Add cream and blend.
Serve with croutons, bread sticks or a grilled cheese sandwich! YUMMMMM!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You DO take the time more often than you think. I still have my little index card you wrote me the day I started Hell...er, student teaching. :) But thanks for the new recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that definitely sounds like something I could put together for the family fairly quick. They might actually want to eat and enjoy. Thanks!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you put the recipe up. This soup was just perfect for today. You are truly a wonderful person. Love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do random things for me ALL the time!!! Like listen to me B@#$%^ and complain about everything from whiny kids to annoying neighbors! Thank you for always being here for me!! :) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww :-) Kim, I can't believe you still have that! How funny! That makes me really happy. And Mic... it goes both ways :-) You life is just generally more interesting and dramatic than mine! ha ha Miss you and love you both more than can be expressed in words! You are my rocks :-)

    ReplyDelete