Friday, April 30, 2010

How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats

I used to be a better Mom to our pets. I used to make our dogs homemade dog treats (all different kinds!) I used to walk them a whole lot more and take them to the dog park. Lately, not so much. This lack of effort on my part has translated into the dogs being more hyper, barking more and me getting super frustrated with them. So, instead of being annoyed with them, I am going to start putting forth more of an effort to be a better Mom and not let them feel so neglected. Instead of giving up something every day for the month of May, I'm going to resolve to walk the dogs every day!

Tonight, I baked them a batch of yummy all natural peanut butter treats! A friend e-mailed me a great recipe when she saw it on my list for the month. The dogs TOTALLY knew I was baking for them. They didn't leave the kitchen the whole time! That is unusual for this time of night... usually they are upstairs sleeping.





I used a little dog bone shaped cookie cutter that I've had for YEARS (since I used to bake them treats!) but you can use any cookie cutter, or just cut them into little squares. The recipe said that it makes two and a half dozen, but I got four dozen out of it!






These were super easy and quick to make! Not to mention, much cheaper than buying processed dog biscuits!

Peanut Butter Goodness Dog Biscuits


1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups white flour (* I used un-bleached)
1/2 cup peanut butter (all-natural or organic)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil


Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine oil, peanut butter and water. Add flour, one cup at a time, forming a dough. Knead dough into firm ball and roll to 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces or cut shapes with a cookie cutter. Place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Makes 3-4 dozen.


No comments:

Post a Comment