Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Powder Room

Today I touched up the paint in the powder room and hung two prints that I had previously hanging in the bathroom at our rental house. When we moved in, this bathroom was pretty much your standard builder half bath. It had a so-so white pedestal sink, an oval mirror with no frame and a cheap looking silver light fixture. And OF COURSE it was painted with the same beige flat paint as the rest of the house.

Since we had to pull out the pedestal sink to install the hardwood floors, we decided to do a little upgrade. We figured we lived in a neighborhood where everyone's half bath looked exactly the same, so why not do something a little different.

Of course, I painted. The kitchen and the powder room are both this grayish green color called Dusty Miller from Home Depot.



I fell in love with this mirror from Lowes. I know it's more of the type of mirror you would put in an entry way, and not a typical bathroom mirror, but I LOVE it in here!




We found this cute vanity at Home Depot. We loved it because it has two drawers (so we can store toilet paper!) but it's still open. We didn't want something with a cabinet, but then a pedestal sink doesn't give any storage options. This was the perfect solution!


These two prints came from Target. I got them almost two years ago (although I still see them in stock when I'm there) to hang in the bathroom at the house we were renting. They look really cute in here and give the bathroom a touch of the coast. Other than the family room, I've been trying to give our house a coastal feel without being overly beachy. The only thing left to do in this room is to find a bath mat to give the floor a little more warmth, and then I'm all done!


No comments:

Post a Comment