Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our Wedding Album

I finally put together a wedding album... and it's almost done! Matt and I will have our five year wedding anniversary in August, so I figured now would probably be a good time to put one together! ha! I made small wedding albums for our parents for Christmas the year that we got married, but never made one for us. I really didn't mean to procrastinate this long! It's been one of those things that has been bothering me for a while, so I'm glad to finally have it done.

We had a friend of ours take all of our wedding pictures, so it was my plan all along to put together my own album. I knew I didn't want anything fancy, but I still had a hard time finding an album I liked. We got married at the end of August in 2005. In October 2005 we bought our first house. All of our family and friends thought we were completely nuts because it was built in 1920, is 2,800 square feet, did not have central heat or air and needed TONS of work! But we could see the potential and were totally in love with it... still are... and now since we moved to South Carolina, we have a great group of Duke graduate students who rent it out.

Needless to say, given the condition of the house, pretty much everything we owned stayed in boxes. The house was constantly covered in plaster dust and saw dust and every other kind of dust imaginable. I didn't exactly have a place to sit down and work on something like a wedding album! So, I didn't really look too hard for an album I liked. If I was in a store, I would check them out, but never found anything. Fast forward to a year ago this past March when I took Andy out to visit my friend Kim in Omaha, Nebraska... we were at one of several shopping meccas in the area... and there was a HUGE photo archiving store! I finally found what I was looking for! It's an ivory colored leather (I'm sure fake) box type album with a ribbon tie on the side. I still need to figure out which picture I want to put on the front, so those little baby feet won't be there!


The inside has three rings. I bought a few packets of different photo page inserts for the inside. Most just hold 4x6 photos, but a few hold some that are larger. The page I used for the first page also has a 12x2 vertical strip running along the left side. I'm going to insert a strip of decorative paper there that has our names and wedding date and location on it. The inside is lined with black velvet. It's simple and pretty... and just what I was looking for! It took me about an hour to put all the pictures in order and put them into the album. I'm so happy it's done! (well... almost).


So after taking three and a half years to find an album and then another year of just being lazy before I actually put the album together... I can finally cross this one off my list! It was really fun looking back through all the pictures. I had the best time at our wedding and I wouldn't change a thing! Here are some of my favorites... (all pictures are courtesy of A. Langford Photography)


Our completely adorable flower girls



The guys


Our first dance


The wedding party

Mr. & Mrs!



Our "Cupcake Cake" (made from $38 worth of boxed mix & ingredients)


Our "official" wedding picture


On the back of the trolley

.... can't believe we will be celebrating our FIVE year anniversary this year! Man! Time flies!

1 comment:

  1. The cupcakes DO look pretty..but I sure wish I could do them over now that I have more experience!! :) and it would still cost only $38!

    ReplyDelete