Saturday, January 9, 2010

Nesting

Yesterday I crossed off "drink a cup of green tea every night" from my list. I crossed it off because I know I'll have no problem doing that every night. I'm trying to slowly start establishing a night time ritual and drinking a cup of tea is one of the things I'd like to incorporate. Now, I do find regular green tea a little too bitter for my taste, but I really like (well, not really like in the way I would really like regular tea with milk & sugar... but as far as green tea goes...) this Tazo Zen green tea (http://www.amazon.com/Green-Tea-Zen-Low-Caffeine-Bag/dp/B00028PPOQ). It's blended with lemongrass & spearmint. I think it's the spearmint that does it for me. Anyway, I'm not drinking this every night because I want the ritual of drinking tea, but because it's supposed to help with fertility.

I think that I've started nesting.

I'm finding myself realizing that I'm going to be ready to start trying for baby #2 in a few months and it has triggered that nesting instinct in my brain already. I'm finding myself craving organization and am starting to feel honestly ready to start watching what I eat so that I can get my weight down to a healthy BMI range.

It took us two years to get pregnant with Andy and we were only able to conceive after I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and I started taking 1500 mgs of Metformin a day and did one round of Clomid. I would like to conceive without Clomid this second time around if at all possible. It was one thing to risk multiples the first time, but it just feels more risky now that we have a toddler running around at home!

I honestly feel that my body will respond appropriately and ovulate monthly if I can get the weight off, exercise reguarly, keep my refined carb intake very low and take my Metformin. It is hard for me to start all of that at once, so I am taking small steps one at a time to get there. I want to feel like I have done everything I can to get my body ready for a second pregnancy before we make the decision to "pull the goalie." Although when we actually make that decision is still up for debate!

No comments:

Post a Comment