Friday, January 29, 2010

What do I do now that my baby book is full?


I just finished updating Andy's baby book... sniffle sniffle... He turned one at the end of August, but I feel like I'm just now starting to realize that he isn't a baby anymore. Tonight just sealed the deal! Surprisingly enough, I was pretty up to date on his book. The only entries I had to make were for his first birthday and his first steps. The last page was titled "More Thoughts" so I wrote a letter to him about how it felt to be his Mom this past year. Ugggh! Waterworks! Becoming a mother to this little boy has just totally completely and profoundly changed my life. I love him more than I ever knew was possible and raising him every day is truly such a joy. It was the job I was destined to do!

Okay, okay, enough with the sappiness! The only thing I left in this book is to have a few pictures printed (first bath, first birthday) and then attach the pictures to the pages. All the other pictures are in the book right now sandwiched on the appropriate pages, but not actually attached. My Mom bought me the cutest baby book! I love it! It's from Rag & Bone Bindery (http://http//www.ragandbonebindery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=588) We did not find out if we were having a boy or a girl ahead of time, so she picked out the "Little Birdie Blue" cover. It's just adorable and pretty gender neutral. I took a picture of the front of his book just now. Since my Mom and Andy are both asleep in our studio apartment here in retirement city, I had to take the book out into the hall (in my pj's... not like anyone else is up!) and find a table to prop it up on and take the picture with my camera phone! Anyway... isn't it just so sweet?! I love it!

So, the dilemma... what do I do from this point forward to document each year? I am not sure that I would be able to keep up with scrapbooks, especially if there are more kids in our future, but I want to do more than just put a years' worth of pictures in an album. I feel like he is changing SO much these days and I want to document it all, but I just haven't figured out the best way yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment