Sunday, January 3, 2010

Team in Training

Well, I'm pleased to say that I FINALLY got my Team in Training support letters mailed out yesterday. That was for sure something that I should have done back in September, but just kept putting it off and putting it off. I even had all of the letters printed at the end of November and all of the mailing labels printed & stamps purchased at the beginning of December, but for some reason just kept procrastinating.
I'm running my first half marathon in February with Team in Training (http://www.teamintraining.com/). It's an awesome program that raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. My cousin Lisa passed away at the end of August after a 9 year battle with breast cancer. I am running in memory of her. I wish that they had a similar program here for breast cancer research, but Team in Training was the closest thing I could find. I'm actually really nervous about my run. I know I'll be doing run/walk intervals for the whole race, and I'm okay with that, but I'm still pretty anxious. I'm about half way to my fundraising goal, so I'm hoping that I can raise the rest of the money through donations from family and friends after they receive my support letters. If not, I'll start approaching local businesses for donation requests.
I'm proud of myself for signing up and following through on this. There hasn't been a whole lot that I feel like I've actually followed through on in the last several years. I'm hoping the changes I've been making recently are the start to finally breaking that pattern.
I have to say, it feels really good to finally cross something off my list that I should have done a while ago... I'm hoping that feeling will become addicting and I'll start clearing out my severe back log of "to-do" items!

No comments:

Post a Comment