Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Next In Line

As of yesterday, I TOTALLY thought I was not going to get the stomach virus my husband and son got. I should have known I was doomed last night when I made the comment to Matt that "I must have a superior immune system." Ha!

So, this is officially the first day of the month that I haven't crossed anything off my list. So, after 8 hours straight of actually getting sick, I'm finally at the point where I can sit up, sip some ginger ale (which I hate... probably because I only ever drank it warm with bubbles stirred out when I was sick growing up... so that is ALL I can associate it with) and reconnect with the world. I can't remember the last time I went all day without checking e-mail or facebook. I guess maybe the day I gave birth to Andy! I still feel pretty queasy but I'm just not tired enough to go to bed yet. I was in bed all day. Well, when I wasn't in the bathroom anyway.

Yesterday, I finally got my crochet bag organized. Once a week I get together with a group of girlfriends for "Stitch N' Bitch" or, SNB as we call it. I haven't actually crocheted anything in well over a year. One week while I was pregnant I forgot to bring my stitching to SNB and I honestly never brought it again. Back then I had everything in a plastic grocery bag... actually 3 separate plastic grocery bags. So, last night I brought all 3 bags and the crochet bag that my Grandmother made me to SNB. I sorted everything out. I felt pretty dumb that those grocery bags had Christmas cards in them that were handed out 2 years ago at SNB and a few other pieces of trash. Along with a project that I had started but didn't even recognize and couldn't remember who I had started making it for! In those moments I have to try really hard to concentrate on the fact that I'm making changes now and not on the fact that I've left things so disorganized for so long.

Well, Matt and Andy seemed a lot better the next day when they were sick, so I'm sure hoping that is the case for me tomorrow. I now have a huge backlog of items I need to get done that just haven't happened after taking care of Matt and Andy for the past 3 days. Hopefully I won't feel too weak when I wake up in the morning. I'm hugely appreciative of my husband leaving work at 9:30 this morning to come home and take care of me and of Andy. Hopefully I can get our house back in order... finally... tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment