Friday, March 26, 2010

Food Journaling

Well, today I started a food journal. Very exciting. I know. But, I feel that it will be a successful tool in helping me lose weight. I'm writing everything down and counting my points using a Weight Watcher's point counter from a friend. Whenever I read those weight loss success stories that I see so often in magazines, it seems like they all have one thing in common - they write down what they are eating and drinking in a food journal. I know that this won't be the easiest thing to keep up with, and I won't know the points if I go out for dinner and just don't care how healthy my meal is, but I figure that as long as I follow the 80/20 rule and eat well 80% of the time, I'll do just fine!

My plan is to jot down everything after each meal. Since I tend to eat a lot of the same foods, I will most likely only have to figure out point totals once and then use the same thing several times over. I know that I also get extra points for any exercise that I do, but I don't think that I'm going to track that. I'm really proud of myself because I've worked out four days this week so far! I am not sure that has happened at all since Andy was born. I also bought a scale today (eek!) so we'll see what I weight in at over the weekend.

The other thing that I did on my list was to buy all of my April birthday cards. My Mom, husband and three friends have birthdays in April and they always all sneak up on me at once! My goal is to get them all filled out this weekend and in the mail next week. I also had one March birthday card to buy... didn't make that one on time! Oops!

This weekend I will spend pretty much all of my time painting the bedroom. I finally picked out a color. It's called Milk Chocolate. I'm really excited! I know we don't have any furniture in there yet besides our bed, but I'm re-purposing curtain panels that we already own and I think it will make a HUGE difference to just get some paint on the walls and get the curtains up! I also have blinds for the two windows that face the front of the house. The color is dark, but not too dark. The room is pretty big though, so I think it can handle it. I'll post some "after" pictures when I'm all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment