Friday, March 26, 2010

How To Make An Easy Recipe Book





For the past four months or so, I have been tearing recipes that I want to try out of magazines as I read them. I figured this was a better method than what I was previously doing - just setting the magazines aside to keep because there was a recipe in there that looked good! Well, needless to say, I would never go back to the magazine. So, I just started tearing them out as I went along. Some of them we have tried. Some of them we have made multiple times now. And others just look yummy and I know I will want to make them at some point!

Since they have been piling up in random places around my house, I decided to start an easy recipe book for them all. I know that I could get a lot fancier and a lot cuter... a la my future sister-in-law... who types all of her recipes up on cute little 4x6 cards and puts them in a photo album that has two 4x6 photo slots to a page. Some day I aspire to be as organized as she is! However, I know myself well enough to know that the recipes would still just pile up, waiting to be typed up on the 4x6 cards. So, my solution was to get a pack of the full page self adhesive photo sheets and put them in a binder. Now, when I tear recipes out of a magazine I can just stick them in the photo pages. Super easy! Right now, the only recipes in my book are for main dishes, but as I add desserts and appetizers, etc. I will probably add some tabs so that everything is separated by section. I have a pack of cute dividers left over from a previous project, so I'm good to go there!

It's always fun to try new things! And now I will have no reason to hold onto magazines. I guess I should do the same things with cute ideas for my house that I see, and then I can just recycle magazines right when I'm done with them!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I will have to give that a try. Maybe I can find a book at a garage sale this summer. That would make it extra cheap.

    ReplyDelete