I think that I have figured out how to be super duper productive in a very short span of time.
1) Don't do any maintenance type cleaning or laundry in your house for, oh, about 2 weeks. Only work on random projects that in no way affect the cleanliness or order of your home. This ensures that your house will not only be cluttered and messy, but also dirty.
2) Sign up to have 6 friends come over for your weekly get together on a night when your husband won't be home to help you cook, clean or watch your child.
3) Do absolutely NO cleaning or prepping the day before you are going to have people over.
4) Take allergy medication and pass out at 9:15 p.m. the night before. Sleep a FULL ten hours. (this part is very important! You'll need the energy!)
5) Make sure that this all coincides with some other deadline. For me, it is finishing this month's list by tomorrow.
6) Put your toddler down for a nap and PRAY over and over and over and over again that he takes one of his longest naps... EVER! (this seemed to really work... I got a full three and a half hours out of him!)
7) Pick one rediculously tedious task and try to complete it in a rediculously short amount of time. For example, I rolled the second coat of paint on all the walls in our master bedroom and hallway in an hour and forty minutes.
8) If you choose your activity right, this will also serve as your workout for the day. I was sweating so much I had to change into just a tank top and my underwear. IF you are painting, do not do what I did and BACK into the freshly painted wall... in your underwear... especially when you are painting the wall a color called MILK CHOCOLATE. It just does not look appropriate on your backside.
9) Say a little prayer when your future sister-in-law shows up early to take your toddler for a walk (and also teaches him to say "cool dude" to all the construction workers in your neighborhood) while you furiously vacuum and steam mop the floors (that have not been cleaned in 2 weeks)
10) In the midst of all of this, also make a caserole from a recipe you've never tried before with slightly vague directions and hope it turns out right, while simultaneously scheduling long overdue appointments.
11) Take very VERY quick shower... greet guests with hair soaking wet... enjoy the fact that no one cares... and have a very enjoyable night with friends.