Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bring It On, February!

Well, I'm back home, safe and sound, from my week and a half long trip to visit family in Florida. It's definitely good to be home and I'm ready to fall back into a normal routine, although, it was really nice staying the week with my Grandparents at their retirement community. We didn't eat out at all while I was there, which is something I plan to continue as much as possible now that I am home.


I liked how simple my life was this past week. It's something that I spent a lot of time thinking about on my drive home today. I feel like I have a lot of things in my life right now that cause complications and I am going to work on identifying those things and start working on eliminating as many as possible. I hardly watched any t.v. while I was there, which was nice, didn't spend much money, went for walks with my Mom and Grandmother, enjoyed family dinners and spent a lot of time doing various activities with Andy. It was so nice not to have to worry about cleaning my house, or doing massive amounts of laundry (I did do some laundry there, but it was really easy) or planning meals. I want to work on getting to a point in my life where I have more time to spend just enjoying the more simple things in life and spending quality time with my husband and son.


So, today on my way home, Andy and I stopped for lunch at Chick-fil-A so that we could eat, and, more importantly, he could burn off some energy in the play area! I ordered a coke with my lunch because I thought it would taste really good after 32 days without it. I also ordered a chicken sandwich and waffle fries. Very healthy, I know! A funny thing happened... I was only able to drink about a quarter of my Coke. I also only ate two fries and about half of my sandwich. My body just didn't want it. After a month without Coke and a week and a half without eating out, I just didn't want or need it! I honestly couldn't believe it. I have given up Coke before and been successful for about a week, maybe two, but was dying to have one at the end of the two weeks. Maybe for me, the trick is to take something away for a whole month?! I think for February it's going to have to be bread and baked goods. This one is going to be SOOO hard. I think much much much more difficult than giving up Coke. I'm not giving up carbs, I will certainly still eat pasta, but from all the reading that I have done on different PCOS diets, they all say to cut out refined flour. For right now, I think I need to cut out ALL breads, but after the month is up, I'll add whole grain bread back in. I just don't think I can give the others up too unless I give up them all.

So, my February list is up! I'm totally up for the challenge! After crossing 31 things off my list, I'm inspired, so bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment