Friday, February 12, 2010

Totally Nervous!

Well, I'm done packing to head to Myrtle Beach and run in my very first half marathon tomorrow! I'm running with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training. I am super proud of the fact that I raised $2,595! Now, all I have to do is finish that race! The thing that is going to make it interesting is that Myrtle Beach is expecting 2-4 inches of snow tonight and it's supposed to be 28 degrees, windy and still snowing at race start tomorrow! Eeek! I went to THREE stores today trying to find some thin gloves to throw away when I warmed up during the race and no one sold gloves! How bizzare! I'm not throwing away my good ski gloves, so my Dad suggested I put 2 old socks on my hands! ha ha That is my plan. Hopefully they won't have to cancel the race. This is a really exciting challenge in my life, and the first thing I've followed through on in a really long time.

Okay, so I've actually started on my closet. I'll finish it this weekend and write about it in my next post. I'm not sure what else I'm going to tackle this weekend. I guess it depends if my entire body feels like jello or not after tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment