Thursday, February 4, 2010

This is REALLY Hard!

So, this is only my 4th day giving up bread and baked goods, but I'm really struggling! I'm SO incredibly exhausted! It's like my body doesn't know how to function if I'm not eating poorly! Not that eating bread is bad for you, but the amount of simple carbs I was eating definitely was. I just keep reminding myself what it felt like to not even want a Coke at the end of last month and if I can just get through the next three weeks I'm going to feel SO much better... plus I lost another pound, so that is certainly encouraging... but OH MY GOD! I didn't think I'd feel this BLAH!

I figure if I put all this on here it will help keep me from cheating. Change is not easy, but I know how good last month's accomplishments felt and I'm determined not to fail at this only two months in!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, hang in there!! Are you doing any whole grain stuff, or no carbs at all? Just wanted to cheer you on in this- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! No, I'm not doing no carbs. I'm just specifically cutting out baked goods and bread because I can never just have ONE cookie or ONE piece of garlic bread with dinner. I'm just trying to cut out all of the refined flour & sugar for the month. I'm hoping my body will do the same thing it did with Coke and just not want it anymore. We'll see! I can't imagine a world where I don't want a brownie... but I would like it if I only wanted ONE brownie! ha ha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you decide to do WW. I signed up online and the first week was HARD, but now I am REALLY enjoying it. I lost 6 lbs the first week because of the complete shock of eating healthly for once. I'm feeling like I lost 1 lb this week (weigh-in is tomorrow), but that's great, too. I'm happy with anything that comes off, even if it's 1/2 a pound. The main thing that makes me happy is that food is fun again and I don't feel guilty because I can control myself. :)
    Stay strong, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete